[PD] reorg of puredata.info/docs/developer

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jul 16 18:44:18 CEST 2011

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> I really like the idea of the prefs being a pd patch which gets loaded
> as a hidden patch like pd-_float (but doesn't get destroyed if you
> happen to "vis" it then close it so that one can view it from a
> menubutton).

Sending "vis 0" to a toplevel canvas-object doesn't "close" the patch in
the way you might imagine : then the patch still runs, but the window is
closed AND not listed in the Window menus. It can be a useful trick. The
canvas can still be reached if you know its symbol and can be brought back
using a "vis 1". Thus it could be summoned from any patch.