[PD] reading a 4-channel aif

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sun Jul 17 21:51:18 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,
is the file broken or ok? You can try to play the file with e.g.
Quicktime player (which should play the first two channels) to check
if it's ok.
If yes and it is a 24-bits AIFF file, Pd might have problems to read
it - you would probably have to convert to WAV or dither down to 16
bits.
all the best, Thomas

2011/7/17 Michael Zacherl. <sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info>:
> Hello,
>
>   for recording four channels I used [open -bytes 3 filename] fed into [writesf~ 4] in an earlier session.
>
> Now I need to split this interleaved sound file up into four mono-files for importing them elsewhere.
> I tried [open filename] -- [readsf~ 4] but just get digital noise.
> Since relying on its detection capabilities doesn't seem to work I tried to specify the  parameters, starting with  [open filename 0 200 4 3 b] .
>
> It changes the noise but doesn't deliver the proper audio stream.
> Admittedly I'm not sure about the header size
> How could I get this to work?
>
> many thanks,  Michael.
>
> --
> hear the colours of noise: http://blauwurf.at