[PD] GOP Rendering Issue

Mike Moser-Booth mmoserbooth at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 22:38:03 CEST 2011

Hey Christian,

I'm not too sure what the advantages of using [coords( over
[donecanvasdialog( other than avoiding the dirty flag, but I stopped
using [coords( a while ago for similar reasons (I found that it
inconsistently tended to leave an outline around GOPs that were
moved). What I usually do for modifying GOPs on the fly is to use a
[donecanvasdialog( message to turn GOP off, make the necessary
adjustments, then use a second [doncanvasdialog( to turn GOP back on.
I find this particularly takes care of a lot of "modifying GOPs within
a GOP" issues (I'm not clear if that's the case for you). You also
have to follow it with a [dirty 0( message to avoid "do you want to
save?" dialogs. I can't say for certain that it works in all
situations, but I haven't had any problems with this approach yet.

.mmb