[PD] pd message order?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 00:06:25 CEST 2011

Technically it seems to be this: they output in reverse creation order. (The last [receive] you created in the patch will output first.)

Conceptually, imagine an evil demon changing the order in real-time to screw up your patch.  Thwart the demon by using wired connections, trigger, and subpatches to define order.  Only use multiple [receive]s when message order doesn't matter. (Same with multiple wires fanning out to various objects from an outlet.)

-Jonathan