[PD] workaround for -batch -nogui delwrite~ etc bugs

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at goto10.org
Mon Aug 8 17:12:49 CEST 2011

On 08/08/11 15:38, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
>
>> Using pd -nogui or pd -batch, some stuff seems not set up yet when the
>> patch is loaded, making [delwrite~] (among others) not work correctly.
>
> Did you try extended 42.6 or vanilla 43 ?

Previously I used vanilla 42.

I just now tried vanilla 43:

-nogui works partially
   [delwrite~] sounds ok when importing raw data into audacity
   [writesf~] saves audio data but gives unplayable files
     (mplayer "Cannot find codec for audio format 0x1.")

-batch has problems
   [delwrite~] sounds ok (when using [soundfiler] to save output)
   [writesf~] gives empty files (just 44 bytes of header)
   pd runs in realtime mode without being asked ("watchdog" blah)

So, I guess the [delwrite~] issue is fixed (thanks!) but the other
issues with [writesf~] make the workaround still necessary.

Claude