[PD] DesireData escaping code

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Aug 8 23:35:56 CEST 2011

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Ludwig Maes wrote:

> what happens if you load such a file not saved by puredata and save it?

It destroys stuff, of course.

Thus if you have

   list ah blah\ blah say

there are three elements after «list», but resaving with current pd will
put four elements after «list» because it will not save the backslash, so
it will reload «blah blah» split at space.

Stranger things will happen with semicolon, colon, backslash in symbols.

Weirdness of braces is not so related to Pd's parser, but more about how
it's uploading using sys_vgui. However, I remember I fixed it during the
2nd Pd Convention, but I don't remember how, though I know it has to have
to do with savefn, because that's how DD sends all its patch data to the
client.