[PD] Desktop Screen Capture

Daniel Roviriego danifernando at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:51:52 CEST 2011

Hi Bjoern.

I have been using v4l2loopback in GNU/Linux for streaming
https://github.com/umlaeute/v4l2loopback , along with a new Gem feature
(pix_record for v4l2 device). Once your video stream is writing to
/dev/videoX , you can use a gstreamer pipeline, or ffmpeg2theora for
streaming to icecast2 server. Or, if you want, nwe ffmpeg features for
streaming to a rtmp server.

Cheers

2011/8/10 Bjoern Lindig <bjoern.lindig at googlemail.com>

> Hey, this could be usefull for videostreaming, right? Actually we are
> completely struck concerning this task. We are still working very hard
> on it. Such a patch could help us a lot atm, but we don't have time to
> dig into it. So if somebody feels appointed please let us know. Also
> and espechially for the next convention.
>
> So, at this point, sorry that we could not broadcast any of the talks
> up to now. We are collecting material to upload video on the internet.
> But that will take some time.
>
> Best,
>
> bjoern
>
> Am Sun, 07 Aug 2011 18:45:49 -0500
> schrieb John Harrison <john.harrison at alum.mit.edu>:
>
> > Here's two methods that came up when I asked about this:
> > http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2010-08/082168.html
> > http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2010-08/082173.html
> >
> > I vaguely remember that there might be a way to do this just with
> > gridflow as well?
> >
> > I went with webcam studio and it worked great, but I think that might
> > be Linux only.
> >
> > -John
> > On 08/06/2011 09:21 PM, Andreas Eberharter wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I would like to create a patch, which allows the capture of the
> > > desktop screen and at the same time the iSight camera. If you are
> > > familiar with Silverpack http://silverbackapp.com/ it is basically,
> > > what I would like to achieve with pd/gem.
> > >
> > > I am just starting, so if this question was asked already once,
> > > please point me to the right direction (I used the search on the
> > > archives, but could not find what I was searching for)
> > >
> > > I am on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.7.
> > >
> > > I have played with the examples and capturing video from the iSight
> > > camera works really nice, what I can't find though, is a screen
> > > capture option. Is this possible?
> > >
> > > Thank you for your help,
> > > Greetings,
> > > Andreas