[PD] problems compiling pd-extended 0.42.5 on natty 64-bit

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu Aug 11 13:50:45 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

I was trying to install pd-extended 0.42.5 from source on a 64-bit Natty
machine.
I was logged in as root. The unpacked pd-extended archive folder was either
at / or /root/.
Before starting I did "apt-get build-dep puredata gem pd-pdp".

But at the end of "./configure prefix=/usr" I get this:

config.status: creating makefile
config.status: WARNING: makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
settings

make install seems to be working. Pd-extended itself is running but none of
the libraries are installed!
I checked the externals/Makefile. The libraries are there!

I also tried an alternative way that I found somewhere after searching:

aclocal
autoconf
./configure
make
make install

This doesn't make any difference. Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?
I have not installed pd from source before - so I must be missing something.

Thank you
Ingo