[PD] natty 32-bit alsamidi - only one midi in

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Sat Aug 13 10:44:38 CEST 2011

> ever since I've changed from lucid to natty the "default midi" is not
> working anymore.
> Now I tried to switch to alsamidi but I get only one midi in/out. I
> checked my lucid system and it's the same with alsamidi.
>
> As soon as I assign more than 1 input there is no midi in at all anymore.
> Any idea?

Or let's put it in another way: How could I get oss to work in natty 32-bit?
I have already installed alsa-oss, alsa-base and alsa-utils on top of the
ubuntu-studio command line install and the puredata dependencies.

Neither default midi is working nor oss audio. Nothing shows up in the
dropdown menus although in /proc/asound/cards the soundcard and midiports
show up. The entries in /etc/modprobe.d/alsabase.conf are the same as in the
working lucid system.

Any help is appreciated!

Ingo