[PD] making puredata headphone-safe

Stephen Lavelle analytic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 23:15:49 CEST 2011

interesting.  going with noise -> dac directly,

when my headphones aren't plugged in, it's pretty loud even at the lowest
volume setting

when they're plugged in, it's REALLY loud at all volume settings.

like, it sounds exactly the same loudness whatever the volume, so long as
it's not 0 (my headphones are sitting beside the laptop - they're going
nowhere near my head)