[PD] making puredata headphone-safe

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 01:36:17 CEST 2011

Doesn't hurt here*.  I guess we're getting into a subjective realm-- but if someone adjusts their master volume for [osc~ 5555]---[dac~] to be as loud as possible without being uncomfortable, I have a hard time believing that they would be comfortable with [noise~]---[*~ 999999]--[clip~ -1 1]--[dac~] at that same master level.

-Jonathan

* I adjusted my master volume so that the clipped noise was at a tolerable volume, then checked [osc~ 5555]--[dac~] at that same level.