[PD] multichannel instalation

Richie Cyngler glitchpop at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 04:03:13 CEST 2011

Hey Fernando,

I was thinking about posting something like this to the list today too! I'm
interested in doing this too. I currently have a Sapphire Pro 24 external
soundcard connected to my Macbook Pro, running OSX 10.6.

I haven't been able to get the Sapphire to output more than two channels
through Pd (though it is supposed to be capable of 8).

I have tried making a multichannel patch, for eg [dac~ 1 2 3 4]. All that
happens is I get a reduced signal from my 1 and 2 channels coming through my
3 and 4  channels.

So I'm wondering too

1. if there is an easy(ish) way to do mulitchannel?

2. If anyone is using a Sapphire with Pd and has come across similar issues
and

3. Recommendations for multichannel output hardware that works well with Pd
(and preferable OSX)

thanks

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:12 AM, FernandoG <dataferx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi pd coomunity
>
> I am looking for a way to build a multichannel playback array, the idea is
> to control the movement of sound in a array of speakers in a wall. there is
> a way to do it without a super soundcard with many many outputs? a way to
> implement in pd?
>
> thanks

Richie