[PD] receiving messages in [expr] ?

Funs Seelen funsseelen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 18:17:16 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Andrew Faraday <jbturgid at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  I'm liking the look of this to streamline a few patches. Only trouble is
> there doesn't seem to be an audio rate version. So Funs' patch will give you
> zipper noise. [value] doesn't seem to have an audio alternative. Which is
> fine as it's like a combination of [s] and [f], but it does mean you can't
> receive audio values in [expr~]... as far as I can tell.
>
> Andrew

O, my patch was just a wink to the `headphone' topic. It seems to me that
connecting [catch~ mysignal] to $v2 in [expr~] is the proper way, although I
cannot distinguish zippernoise from clipped [noise~] in the example. Isn't
an audio version of [value] an impossibility? How would you store a signal?
--Funs