[PD] Headphones question on pd list

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 19:01:10 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

That's what I meant by [aural-faxbomb~].  A fax bomb is a completely black
page continuously sent to a fax machine, which uses up all the ink.  I would imagine
that this sound, continuously played, would wear out the speakers -- not to mention
one's ears.  But one could use it as a reference point to set levels.  (I'm not sure
an actual faxbomb has any use other than wreaking havoc.)

-Jonathan