[PD] #store and getting pixel data from a movie file

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Aug 26 00:45:15 CEST 2011

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011, ALAN BROOKER wrote:

> pix_data

GF's equivalent of [pix_data] is probably [#to_l].

> pdp_cog

I think that this is the same as [#moment]. There is also [#centroid] but
that's just an older version of [#moment].

> I dont think gridflow likes the mp4 suffix? the console displays
> [gf/io_generate 1012in] unknown suffix  'mp4'  .Changing the suffix
> file manually from mp4 to .mov seems to resolve the issue though

It's not an autodetected suffix, but you can always specify the reader
explicitly... one of :

[#in quicktimehw saperlipopette.mp4]
[#in quicktimeapple saperlipopette.mp4]

[#in quicktime saperlipopette.mp4] picks whichever of the above two is
available (with priority to apple's)

those are the same names as appear in the [#io...] help files.

See #in-help.pd :
   http://gridflow.ca/help/%23in-help.html