[PD] [PD-dev] tkwidgets

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 21:08:07 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

You cannot guarantee the exact same font metrics across platforms, no matter
what toolkit you use, because they depend on the font rendering engine of that
particular platform.  I checked this out in qt documentation, and the solution
was the same as it should be for tcl/tk: have a loop where you measure the
width of your text at font size x and increment x until it fits the box without
overlapping.

Other than the font, however, the vector drawings on a tk canvas are
the same across platforms.