[PD] [PD-dev] tkwidgets

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 27 19:35:56 CEST 2011

Found the culprit in:
g_template.c

in function

plot_vis:
            /* We're done with the outline; now draw all the points.
            This code is inefficient since the template has to be
            searched for drawing instructions for every last point. */

However, there are really two problems here:
1) Sluggishness when moving a "Put" menu array with the mouse in editmode.  Pd should really just move those

rectangle items that are already plotted-- plot_vis doesn't need to be called if the user is in the act of displacing the

graph.

Does pd-l2ork do that?

2) Sluggishness when creating an array, or opening a subpatch with one inside, or plotting a signal using

[tabwrite~], or populating an array using [soundfile].  Making the code inside plot_vis more efficient would indeed

improve all of these issues, though I'm not sure how to do that.

-Jonathan