[PD] [PD-dev] tkwidgets

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Aug 27 22:37:00 CEST 2011

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> So in ZenGarden,
> [1 2 3(
> |
> [$2(
> |
> [print]
> Gives you "1"?

I believe that this was the case, but if it's not, then there's a problem
of that kind that you will hit quickly, as soon as you try to do something
nontrivial.

> If so, what does $1 expand to-- the selector "float"?

In that case, it would be "list" no ? unless in that case, "list" doesn't
exist, and then it would work like pd for lists, but unlike pd for other
anythings... I don't recall.

However, I do recall that it has no concept of selector whatsoever... and
that empty list doesn't stand for bang, as bang is an atomtype, and so,
'bang' (and 'close', and 'loadbang', etc) is a bigger message than the
empty list is, unlike in pd.