[PD] Pd on Android

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 22:30:30 CEST 2011

I have to disagree with you. iOS is a better mobile os for running applications using libpd (aka RjDJ, Nodebeat, etc) since it has a low latency audio api. Android can't give you anything better then 20ms or so. If you want to build a realtime, I'm afraid you have to stick to iOS for now ...

This is why I'm targeting iOS for the upcoming robotcowboy app ... although I'd rather use a much freer platform.

On Aug 29, 2011, at 11:21 AM, Pierre Massat wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I plan on buying my very first smartphone in the next few days. I want a phone running Android since it appears to be the best platform to run Pd. I m just not quite sure about the way Pd can be used with a smartphone. Can we run Pd-extended, or just use the patches, or is it just some sort of an API that can be used when developping an app? I m totally new to this, so please excuse the (possibly abyssal) silliness of my questions.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Pierre

--------
Dan Wilcox