[PD] getting console output when Pd crashes on w32 (was Re: [PD-announce] gem 0.93.1)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 30 12:55:28 CEST 2011

On 2011-08-30 12:45, brandt at subnet.at wrote:
> Zitat von "IOhannes m zmoelnig" <zmoelnig at iem.at>:

> thanks.
> the pd.log doesn't do much, but pdVV.txt shows a bit.
>
> #1 are you sure that this is Gem-0.93.1, and not Gem-0.93.0?
> (in 0.93.0 the splashscreen would show "0.91.CVS", i thought i fixed
> that with 0.91.1)
>
>> GEM: ver: 0.93.CVS

let's rephrase:
Gem-0.93.0 would display "0.93.CVS" whereas Gem-0.93.1 should display
"0.93.1"
therefore i ask whether you are sure that you are using 0.93.1
(try to re-download the installer, it might have been fixed 5 minutes
after the initial upload)

i just want t omake sure that we are definitely working on 0.93.1

> #2 afaict, you get the crash while loading your patch (even before any
> loadbang might get evaluated); the problem might be related to
> ImageMagick
>
> therefore:
> could you try to move the "gem_imageMAGICK.dll" out of the way?
> (effectively disabling this plugin).
>
>> i renamed it to _gem_imageMAGICK.dll, is that ok?

that should be enough.

> does it still crash?
>
>> yes

darn

>> no prefs starts the patch.....

that was a bit too optimistic:
i meant "-noprefs -lib Gem" (so we only have Gem loaded and no other
library)

and please always use "-verbose -verbose";
the non-verbose logs are virtually useless.

fgmasdr
IOhannes