[PD] Controlling a Printer

Martin martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 31 22:54:15 CEST 2011

Well there are many kinds of printer, so the answer is 'maybe'.
For me the best are the old dot-matrix with the serial connection. If
you have that you can program the head to go wherever you like.
Otherwise I just rip them open and keep only the rail mechanism and the
stepper motor that drives the head along the rails. I use an arduino or
something similar to control the stepper.

Martin