[PD] multiple instances of the same dynamic abstraction?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 02:02:31 CEST 2011

Here are some revisions.

cnv-adr-testmain-rev-normal.pd: Here I avoid dynamic patching altogether, because it's not necessary for the behavior your trying to get in the abstraction.

cnv-adr-testmain-rev-dyn.pd: Here I added [namecanvas $0-cnv] and sent to that instead of the abstraction name.  You

still get the cord from inside the abstraction showing up on the parent.  Looks like a bug.

Sending to pd-abstractionName.pd will send to all instances of an abstraction (desirable in some circumstances).

Using [namecanvas $0-whatever] will bind a unique symbol to that canvas, so you can use it to send only to "this"

instance using [s $0-whatever].  (The [iemguts/sendcanvas] object does the same thing, with the added benefit that

you don't have to actually bind a symbolic name to the canvas.)

-Jonathan