[PD] Fwd: Re: getting console output when Pd crashes on w32

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Sep 1 11:26:42 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-01 10:59, brandt at subnet.at wrote:
> Zitat von "IOhannes m zmoelnig" <zmoelnig at iem.at>:

> first of all, thanks for tracking the problem so far!
>
>> since i´m not able to do anything else....with pleasure
>

> with "preload" you mean, sending a "font /path/to/my/valid/font.ttf"
> message before starting the rendering?
>
>> before switching on the render chain

thanks. i was more referring to the actual message than the time of
execution, but i think i understand now.

> do other text objects ([textoutline],...) crash as well?
>
>> i do not know, because i did not use it so far....i´ll give it a trail

super, just replace [text3d] by [textoutline].

when looking through your logs again, i noticed something weird:
<snap>
tried C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Pd\C:\Program Files
(x86)\pd\extra\Gem\examples\data\vera.ttf and failed
tried C:\Program Files (x86)\pd\extra\C:\Program Files
(x86)\pd\extra\Gem\examples\data\vera.ttf and failed
tried C:\Users\brandt\Application Data\Pd\C:\Program Files
(x86)\pd\extra\Gem\examples\data\vera.ttf and failed
tried E:\Mkoffa_root\camera\C:\Program Files
(x86)\pd\extra\Gem\examples\data\vera.ttf and failed
</snap>

so it basically tries to find the font in some nonsense paths, which fails.
it shouldn't crash though.

i'll be offline for the next 2 weeks, and unlikely to fix any problems
in this time (ah, holidays...)
please file a bug-report at http://sf.net/projects/pd-gem/
with all the information you have.

gamsdr