[PD] how to change bp~ frequency at sample rate?

Menno van der Woude mennowo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 19:57:37 CEST 2011

Hi all,

working on patches that will be controlled by video analysis (through
OSC messages), I am wondering how to change the frequency (second
inlet) for [bp~] in realtime.
The problem is: connecting a [line] object or number object to this
inlet will result in clicks and pops when the line is moving very fast
or changes are rapid.

Is there a way to change the frequency for [bp~] at sample rate?
Or should I use another object to achieve this kind of realtime
cutoff/resonance changes?
I kind of like the simplicity of [bp~] as opposed to for example
[cpole~], which is beyond my current grasp of this material...

Thanks, menno