[PD] DIlib issues on OSX 10.6.x

Richie Cyngler glitchpop at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 15:13:47 CEST 2011

Hey list,

I'm trying to get my shiny new kinect setup for Pd play. I'm following
WIlliam Brent's DIlib install instructions
here<http://williambrent.conflations.com/pages/research.html>,
all was smooth sailing but I've hit a road block.

I'm up to installing NITE. The directory name format seems a little
different from the older version in the install instructions but I
persevered and this is what I got:

...Nite-Bin-MacOSX-v1.4.1.2 thebeast$ sudo ./install.sh
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libusb-1.0.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/lib/libOpenNI.dylib
  Reason: Incompatible library version: libOpenNI.dylib requires version
2.0.0 or later, but libusb-1.0.0.dylib provides version 1.0.0
./install.sh: line 23: 98348 Trace/BPT trap          niReg /usr/lib/$base
/usr/etc/primesense/$fdir

If I'm reading it right (and I'm probably not, because I'm not used to this
command line bizzo). It's not installing because it wants libusb 2.0+. I
couldn't find a version of libusb that high, plus the libusb site seems to
be down.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Has anyone else tried this install?
Got it working?

I've also read about libfreenect, would that be a better way to go (keeping
in mind that the less sudoing I do the better).

thanks heaps

--
Richie