[PD] Appending two signals together to create a third

martin brinkmann mnb at martin-brinkmann.de
Sun Sep 4 13:46:49 CEST 2011

On 09/01/2011 11:51 AM, Rick T wrote:

> For more background I'm going to have the Frequency, Amplitude, and Phase
> controlled by Midi Controllers.  So there will be a total of 9 midi
> controllers used (3 for each signal).

i think independent control of the 3 frequencies makes this a little
tricky. appending the waveform exactly at cycle-boundaries will only
happen at certain frequency ratios. the best i could come up with so far
was a "frequency ratio" and another control for the "splitpoint"
(attached). for 1:1 or 2:1 etc. you get more or less exactly
appended waves. (and changing a frequency-ratio makes quite nice
sweep- or sync like sounds)

i have not tried yet, but maybe it is also possible to compute the
waveform with the desired nrs of b and c cycles with messages, scale
the resulting table to the size of one block, and reblock the patch to
fit the frequency of d. this would always guarantee exactly appended
waves, though not with precise control over the frequencies of b and c.

bis denn!
	martin