[PD] pd-extended 0.43 windows 7 installation

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Sep 5 00:53:07 CEST 2011

On Sep 4, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> ----- "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at> a écrit :
>
>> AH, this is probably due to using gcc 4.5 now in the new MinGW build.
>

> Yes there are several changes with new mingw, we have to replace -
> lpthreadGC2 with -lpthread in makefiles,
> but there still is the need for adding libpthread-2.dll, I didn't
> find out how to have it statically.

For the build machine, I also built the old pthreadGC2.dll to make the
transition easier.  So both -lpthreadGC2 and -lpthread will work on
the nightly auto-builds.

>> We could also include libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll in Pd-extended.  Patrice, do
>>
>> you know which is the better route? Including the dll or using
>> -static-
>> libgcc?
>>

> Well, after that there will also be libstdc++, so adding " -static-
> libgcc -static-libstdc++" to LDFLAGS (not CFLAGS :D),
> or LIBS flags in makefile.mingw will resolve this error, isn't it
> better to add the flag than copying the dll?

Part of the assembly process of Pd-extended in packages/win32_inno/
Makefile already copies quite a few DLLs, so adding a couple more is
really easy.  I'd just do that, unless there was a problem with that
approach.

.hc