[PD] [OT] SSE/MMX tips?

Bill Gribble grib at billgribble.com
Thu Sep 8 03:30:00 CEST 2011

I noticed that your suggestion did not apply, but assumed it was a subtle riddle taunting me for an offtopic post!

I think the best I can do is 2 vector adds and 2 shifts in place of 4 float adds per 4 floats. Not much of a savings, but with the loop and fetch overhead it may be worth it. I'll benchmark and see!

It's really just for fun anyway.

Thanks,
Bill Gribble