[PD] (breaking symbols) was Re: find a list of numbers in a text file

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Sep 10 00:07:53 CEST 2011

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> [...]

Duck-taping is already the nickname I gave to duck-typing when it's being
used as a religious principle like : you should not check types ever...
nor ever declare them. Extra points if you don't mention expected types of
arguments and instead say what methods should be supported and how they
should behave (another form of copy-paste documentation).

> How about goose-for-duck-swapping?  As in you send a duck (A_SYMBOL), and
> if the object expects a number then Pd swaps the duck for a goose (A_FLOAT).

both the duck and the goose can float.