[PD] [OT] cool book (maybe relevant to list discussion)

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Sat Sep 10 16:29:59 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have read the book myself, and it is not a book that claims "I will
teach you seven languages in seven weeks", but the author introduces the
reader to basic concepts in each language (prototypal inheritance,
functional programming) and shows some aspects where each language has
its advantages, e.g. concurrency, logical rules.

That said, the title may be misleading.

Best regards,
Thomas

On 09.09.2011 08:45, Peter Plessas wrote:
> Thanks! I cannot resist pointing to the following article:
> "Teach Yourself Programming in Ten Years"
> http://norvig.com/21-days.html
>
> with best regards!
> Peter
>
> Andy Farnell wrote:
>> Anyone seen this?
>> http://pragprog.com/book/btlang/seven-languages-in-seven-weeks
>>
>> I was flicking through it in Foyles bookshop yesterday and thought of
>> many of the discussions we've had here of late. The style and content
>> seem somewhat tuned to a web POV, but I think Pders would find something
>> interesting. Just wondered if anyone else had read more because I'm
>> tempted to buy it.
>>
>> a.

"Chaney was aware that anything, however small, can get the eye of the
media if it's repulsive enough." (Robert Anton Wilson - The Universe
Next Door)
http://www.residuum.org/