[PD] [PD-announce] Origination and Metacreation: a conversation with Ben Bogart

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Sep 10 20:38:19 CEST 2011

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Marco Donnarumma wrote:

> Dear all, it's with great pleasure that I share with you this piece. I
> had an inspiring, in-depth conversation with artist and fellow Pd'er Ben
> Bogart over the last months, and this is the result:

« Rational and creative thought are two extremes of a single process.
Rational associations involve activations of few memories in very focused
directions, while creative associations involve the activation of many
memories in many different directions. »

Oh, so THAT's what creativity means !

Why is it called creative, if one can create new thoughts and new things
from rational thought, especially thoughts and things that so-called
«creative» thought can't come up with ?

Fortunately, that kind of jargon isn't used in the actual MSc thesis. I
mean, the word creative is not used in the same way, especially as the
word «rational» doesn't appear at all.