[PD] (breaking symbols) was Re: find a list of numbers in a text file

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 03:00:43 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

But [trigger] _can_ convert message types:

[float 1(

[trigger list]

[symbol]

[select list float]
|          |
|          [pd sorry_float_you_blow_up_now_dammit_if_we_had_only_used_trigger_conversion]

[pd list_saves_the_world_thanks_to_trigger_conversion_sunset_credits]

:)

[trigger] has two main functions:
1) sequence messages in right to left order.
2) have any/all/none of the outlets send a bang instead of the original message as a patching shortcut:

Thus:

[trigger anything]

[b]

can be shortened to:

[trigger bang]

2.5) Pd-l2ork and Max/MSP extend this patching shortcut so that:

[trigger bang]

[1(

may be shortened to:

[trigger 1]

And finally:

-1) [t a] as a cheap hack due to lack of segmented patching cords

-Jonathan