[PD] Multiplying signal by complex number to create and see phase shift

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Sep 12 19:53:54 CEST 2011

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Charles Henry wrote:

> The Hilbert transform accomplishes one type of complex signal
> decomposition that applies to phase shifts by complex number multiple:
> the complex signal
> c(t)=x(t) + i * Hx(t)

and then [hilbert~] is not a hilbert transform, it makes two different
transforms on the same input signal such that one output is almost the
Hilbert transform of the other output, but i think I recall that the low
frequencies' shift differs significantly from 90⁰. Anyway, [hilbert~] is
meant as a thing that can be used to make a Hilbert-like effect while
taking just a small fraction of the computing power.