[PD] Output numbers consecutively, one at a time in PD

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Sep 13 11:01:47 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:39:11PM +0200, Patrice Colet wrote:
> hi,
>
> ----- "Sebastian Valenzuela" <svalenzuelamusic at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > Thank you for the responses, Andy and Jonathan. But I am looking for
> > something that will output THE FIRST number whenever I hit "bang"...
> > then the NEXT number when i hit bang a second time (and so on).  So
> > there is no steady, timed rate (as with the list sequencers) of
> > number
> > output, and I don't want to output all my numbers out right away (as
> > with the list-drip object).
> >

> then there is [footils/list-dripslow] for that

While this would indeed work, I think, Matju's suggestion of a table
driven by a [f]X[+ 1] counter, maybe with [mod <tablesize>] in between
would be a better approach, for example because you can easily change
the store values on the fly - and of course it's more efficient.

If you need to do this with symbols, the [m_symbolarray] from the rj
library can be used to index symbols by positions. If you have mixed
lists of numbers and symbols I'd probably indeed use [list-dripslow],
or maybe just this:

 [list append 1 2 3 a b c]

 | [0\ <- change with a counter, then bang the [list]
 | |
 | [set, adddollar $1(
 |/
 [$1(