[PD] cat /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.35-30-generic > /dev/dsp ?

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 11:36:18 CEST 2011

Hi all, thanks for the suggestions,
I found out one way so far, with soundfiler and -raw 128 2 2 b.

Now, did I remember correctly that in /proc/... you can also read something
that changes continuously, depending on the state of the machine?
afaict, vmlinuz is just a static file.

About /dev/dsp, I tried that modprobe snd-pcm-oss thing, but still no
/dev/dsp.
Not that I would really need it now if I can do all this in pd anyway...
It's just that I noticed it wasn't there when trying to do the original
'cat' trick as a quick test.

gr,
Tim