[PD] pdtest - pd functional testing external

Louis-Philippe default at spiralix.org
Tue Sep 13 15:49:31 CEST 2011

Hi pd peoples,

I looked around the pd ecosystem and didn't find much in terms of testing
facilities (please correct me if I'm wrong)
and so I made an external with special functional testing purposes.

Test suites are written in the very simple and easy to learn Lua programming
language, a test case resemble:

Suite("Example suite").case("Foobar").test("FOO").should:equal("BAR")

where the pdtest external will outputs "symbol FOO" and test will pass if it
receives back "symbol BAR"

documentation and source code can be found:
https://github.com/lp/pdtest#readme

I would appreciate feedback on the usability of its design.  It work perfect
for the external I need to test but I may not grasp what the collective need
for testing is, if one exist at all in the pd world anyway.

regards,

Louis-Philippe