[PD] (breaking symbols) was Re: find a list of numbers in a text file

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 22:08:24 CEST 2011

Exactly. I'll often use one (or its signal equivalent [*~ 1]) as
an anchor point or temprorary placeholder for something
with a large in/out degree but undecided function. Like
a way to 'hang on' to a bunch of connections in working memory.
Hubs often represent points that will either break out
(become outlets to a parent) or become subpatches. Having
an object already there means its name can be replaced
by [outlet] or [pd newfunction] without remaking those
cords.

Since they look rather ugly and sick out like a sore thumb,
they are easily cleaned up at the end.

I've often wondered is there any penalty overhead if you
leave a few lying around? I assume its negligable.

--
Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>