[PD] pduino rewrite

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:12:21 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 11:48 +0200, Ingo wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> thanks for taking the time looking at the code. Unfortunately your version
> will be sending even many more wrong numbers.
>
> I have put some list messages into your patch. Keep clicking onto them
> randomly and you will see that the headers change between 6, 7, 14 and 15.
> Sometimes they are correct - sometimes not.
>
> The problem is due to the change object inside the debyte object. Leaving it
> out would always send all 8 bits for the group of pins. Leaving it in will
> keep holding old values.

Gotcha. I removed the [change] objects from the [pd debytemask]
subpatch. And I also agree, that it would be ugly, if digital pins fire
without changing their state.

> I cannot see any way other than using individual debyte objects for each
> group unless you would come up with something completely different like
> storing everything into an array and sending from there (after checking what
> has changed) which would be much more complicated.

Actually, I found the table based approach not that complicated and I
think it is more scalable (it covers all possible 16 groups). I added a
[pd polychange] subpatch that does exactly what you describe. I
hopefully tested it more thoroughly this time. See attached patch.

Cheers
Roman