[PD] pdtest - pd functional testing external

Louis-Philippe default at spiralix.org
Wed Sep 14 18:06:24 CEST 2011

You two guys are tough to follow ;)
anyway, I'm more a code person than a patch person, and I believe I am not
alone, so this is why pdtest has a Lua code core.
I totally see your point that tests are better to be implemented in way the
external is to be used, i.e. within pd, but I think code still allows this
by only being the test dataset emiter and receiver, and has the advantage to
have readable code input being close to specifications and a test output log
that tells you if it flies or not at a quick glance.
Still, pdtest alway need to work inside a test patch adapted to the problem
at hand, as what it does is only to output messages and pair them with
expected messages to be received back.