[PD] pduino rewrite

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at goto10.org
Fri Sep 16 15:49:55 CEST 2011

Hi Ingo,

On 16/09/11 13:02, Ingo wrote:
> When I started I thought it was very convenient to use wireless
> [send/receive] objects to send midi data to the sample-voices (which it is).
[snip]
> Sending 3,000 messages to 8,000 [receive] objects adds up to 24 million
> times per second that the individual [receive] objects had to check whether
> the message was meant to be for them or not.
[snip]
> The second fix was
> to replace the wireless sends with hard wired patch chords.

Faced with this scenario I would probably have tried dynamic sends, so
the data determines which receive gets the message.

For example:

[pack f f f f f f]

[ ; r-$1-$2-$3 $4 $5 $6 (

[r r-1-4-7]

[unpack f f f]

[r r-27-63-49]

[unpack f f f]

And using nested abstractions you could create the receives based on
$args, and if you need lots of voices you could use dynamic patching to
instantiate them.

Claude