[PD] declare path OSX; and space

Christian Haines christian.haines at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Sep 21 03:30:44 CEST 2011

Hi

I'd hadn't seen a reply on either of these so thought I would send my solution (having just worked it out!). The issue with declare, -stdpath and OSX is that declare takes the path from the executable inside the Pd application (folder) (right click how package contents > contents > MacOS - so when trying to a position relative using you need go up a couple of directories.

e.g. declare -stdpath ../../../..//Users/someuser/Documents/OtherLocation

This gets you back from Pd in the applications folder to the user folder.

Also, I haven't seen a solution but would be curious to find out if anyone knew of a solution to path name spaces with declare in OSX.

Best wishes

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Derek Holzer <derek at umatic.nl>
> Date: 25 June 2010 8:22:53 PM ACST
> To: "courrier at labastie.org" <courrier at labastie.org>, pd-list <PD-list at iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] pd path on OSX
>
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/AdvancedConfig
>
> On 6/24/10 8:46 PM, courrier at labastie.org wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Would someone tell me how to modify pd-path on OSX ?
>> When I am on Application folder, I can't get folders activated.
>> So I would like to modify .pdrc but I can't find it on mac OSX...
>> I use Pd version 0.41.4-extended.
>

> --
> ::: derek holzer ::: http://macumbista.net :::
> ---Oblique Strategy # 29:
> "Change nothing and continue with immaculate consistency"

Begin forwarded message:

--
Christian Haines

Lecturer / Co-Director
Electronic Music Unit

Elder Conservatorium of Music
University of Adelaide
South Australia  5005

Ph: +61 8 8303 3799
Fax: +61 8 8303 4423
Email: christian.haines at adelaide.edu.au
Web: http://emu.adelaide.edu.au
          http://music.adelaide.edu.au
Study: http://emu.adelaide.edu.au/study/
Location: Schulz Building, Level 5 , 5.13

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be confidential and/or copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.