[PD] pd's chatroom is #dataflow on FreeNode IRC

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Sep 21 21:47:19 CEST 2011

Le 2011-09-21 à 01:26:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> pob came up with this idea in #dataflow,

BTW, it's been a while that I haven't advertised our chat room.

The #dataflow channel is the chat room for PureData. It has been running
for nearly 9 years under that name. Usually 25-50 people are logged in
(though few are speaking).

If you are asking questions, make sure you stay for long enough so that
people have the time to notice what you say. Sometimes it can take hours,
but it happens that it takes less than a minute. DON'T ask whether you can
ask a question... that's not necessary.

To connect to the chat room :

  * download an IRC client (for example, XChat) ;

  * select the FreeNode network (irc.freenode.net on port 6667) ;

  * select the channel #freenode (usually by typing /join #dataflow).

Allowed languages : English, Français, Deutsch, and anything else that is
understood by several people that are logged in.