[PD] PdDroidParty v126

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Sep 23 03:07:11 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 02:40:34PM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Looks very nice, I hope you have a lot of success in the Android market,
> so you can give your daughter what she wants as well as make a living
> doing Pd :)

:D

My two current apps are making about $20 per month total so there is a long way to go.

On that topic, it's now trivially easy to use PdDroidParty to generate standalone apps from your Pd patches, assuming you have the Android SDK installed. Here are the steps:

 * Clone the source code with bazaar:
	bzr branch http://mccormick.cx/dev/PdDroidParty/
 * Convert the app name to whatever you like:
	./convert-app-name mysynth "My Synthesizer"
 * Replace your own icon 72x72 PNG icon over res/drawable/icon.png
 * Place your patch and files with a droidparty_main.pd in the "patch" subfolder.
 * Pack the patch subfolder into an Android zip resource:
	./pack-patch
 * Install on your device for testing:
	ant install

There are probably still bugs I need to work out but this works for me at the moment. Bug reports welcome!

Cheers,

Chris.