[PD] [soundtouch~] pitch shifter for Pure Data

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 10:11:08 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:26 PM, João Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com> wrote:

> works nice with samples as well, but not with speeds outside the range of
> 0.6~2. Do you plan on doing a non-live version? (i.e. to play samples)

No I'm not planning to do a table-reading version. If you want to compare,
you can download Olli Parviainen's SoundStretch utility, which processes
soundfiles in batch mode. See:

http://www.surina.net/soundtouch/

You'll very probably notice the same shivering effect as in
soundtouch~-help.pd. This is inherent to time domain time stretching / pitch
shifting.

Katja