[PD] pd-extended license WAS: Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Sep 27 22:41:40 CEST 2011

On Sep 27, 2011, at 1:50 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> Le 2011-09-27 à 10:45:00, Jonathan Wilkes a écrit :
>
>> I guess by "Pd-extended as a whole" you are including externals
>> (since you mention the Tcl license, which I only ever saw in an
>> external library).  In that case, add LGPL to the list (iemlib if
>> I'm remembering correctly).
>
> Hans can't possibly relicense externals either. Which part of
> Pdextended is « Pdextended as a whole » ? That is, under which
> circumstances can the GPLv3 license ever apply to whatever in
> pdextended, and not just the license of each specific piece of
> source code in there ?

No one is talking about relicensing.  BSD, MIT, Tcl, LGPL, etc. are
compatible with GPLv3, that means you can include code with those
licenses into a GPLv3 project and that is allowed.  Then the whole
project is GPLv3.

If you are only worried about snippets of code, then you only have to
worry about what the copyright and license of the code you take.

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.