[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Wed Sep 28 13:31:04 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 12:14:00PM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Pd-extended as a whole is under the GPLv3, that's the easiest way to
> think about it.  Some sections of it are under the BSD License, some
> under the Tcl License (which Pd was originally), some under GPLv2, etc.
>
> My personal thoughts on the license of what is in pd-extended.git are
> more vague.  Yes, the intention is for much/most of that code to
> contributed back to Pd, but my only distribution of the whole thing is
> part of the Pd-extended package, which is GPLv3.  So if you want to be
> sure, consider it GPLv3.

OK, then:

Since "Pd-extended as a whole is under the GPLv3", if I ever supply a patch
against Pd-extended.git, I must assume that the GPLv3 applies to it if I "want
to be sure".

It sounds as though if I want to avoid producing GPLv3 code, I need to steer a
wide berth around Pd-extended.

Also, it sounds as though "if you want to be sure", no code which was ever
derived from Pd-extended can ever be merged upstream into Vanilla without
violating the GPL.

If I can't "be sure" that other Pd contributors won't claim that the GPL
applies to contributions I'm making that are intended for the Vanilla's BSD
core, that makes it a lot less attractive to contribute to this project.

Marvin Humphrey