[PD] Fwd: Variable number of objects?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Sep 28 19:42:53 CEST 2011

Le 2011-09-28 à 19:29:00, Ludwig Maes a écrit :

> How can that take 10 seconds?? I dont see what would cause such a huge
> overhead, i'd expect an increase in computations & memory though (say
> from 10 voices to 11: 10% increase in cpu workload & ram dedicated to
> these voices..., I fail to see what would necessitate a long
> initialization...)

BTW, IIRC, PureData's DSP compiler just relies on realloc() being really
fast all of the time. I don't know whether there's any version of libc
that contains an older-style realloc() that could make turning DSP on
really slow... I haven't seen one in a long time.

If anyone can identify such a problem, I know how to fix it... it's not
very hard.