[PD] Variable number of objects?

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 20:02:21 CEST 2011

I'd really hope to hear from Krzystof on this topic.  His
[more]/[less] objects presented at the PdCon were really interesting
for creating large numbers of voices.

The difference in approach embeds the new instances (without having a
graphical representation) into the same abstraction and sums their
outputs on the outlets provided.  It behaves a lot like MPI
programming where each program instance is an exact copy,
differentiated only by index.  Messages piped in can be sent to
specific embedded instances through [less] if I remember correctly.

Increasing or decreasing the number of voices sounds like a dynamic
patching application.  I don't know much about it, myself.

Chuck