[PD] gdb and Pd WAS: testtone comments

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Sep 28 21:35:50 CEST 2011

Le 2011-09-28 à 14:19:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> You'll want to build Pd with -g in CFLAGS and remove
> -fomit-frame-pointer. That should give you much better results with gdb.

It's also about -fno-inline, although in practice, I compile with -O0
instead.

However, if you use a -O flag that implies -fomit-frame-pointer, you will
need to add -fno-omit-frame-pointer to disable it explicitly.

But you just made me think that it wouldn't be bad that I use -O2 or -O3
with those options, so that I would less often need to switch between
debug and non-debug, and so that debug mode is less painful when debugging
certain high-CPU things.

Is there anything else besides no-omit-frame-pointer and no-inline, that
affects the quality of backtraces ?