[PD] how to load libraries in Pd-vanilla

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Oct 2 21:52:03 CEST 2011

Something like [declare -path /path/to/pd-extended/extra -lib cyclone -
lib zexy].  Which platform are you on?  Have you tried Pd-extended
0.43 nightly build?  I just upgraded the portaudio to the latest
release, so that might help your latency issue.

.hc

On Oct 2, 2011, at 3:40 PM, Joe Newlin wrote:

> So, Pd-extended abruptly started behaving weirdly with my soundcard,
> which led me to test out PD-vanilla to see if I would have the same
> problems, and I discovered that I could get ridiculously low audio
> latency with Pd-vanilla, which is extremely good fortune because I
> often use Pd for processing a live guitar input.
>
> BUT, I can't figure out how to get Pd-vanilla to load all those
> libraries from Pd-extended that I've become dependent on. I tried
> adding them to the search paths, with no luck. I tried using
> [declare] with full paths, with no luck. I tried adding the
> libraries under Preferences > Startup with no luck.
>
> Is there something I need to know about the syntax for the Startup
> method?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JN
>
> --
> www.joenewlin.net
> www.twitter.com/joe_newlin

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.